Date(s) - 18 Apr, 2023 - 23 Apr, 2023
10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Rho Fiera Milano
Milano Design Week returns with the Salone del Mobile 2023, which this year presents a revolutionary new format for Euroluce, the International Lighting Exhibition. Euroluce is one of the “Saloni” of the Salone del Mobile, a biennial event that presents the most innovative solutions in the field of indoor and outdoor lighting, with more than 420 exhibitors among the best brands in the industry.
“The City of Lights”
The 31st edition of Euroluce, with the theme “The City of Lights,” is the focus of the Salone del Mobile exhibition layout renewal project.
The design of the exhibition routes, by the Lombardini22 studio, involves the integration of the companies’ spaces with cultural content concerning the relationship between light, architecture, art and science.
The exploration of Euroluce’s four pavilions (Halls 9-11 and 13-15) includes aesthetic and cultural paths: lectures and workshops, thematic exhibitions that will range from architecture to art, rest and rest areas, bookshops and site-specific installations.
At the center of the spaces, in Hall 13, is “Aurore,” a plaza/arena designed by renowned design studio Formafantasma that hosts various specially designed activities. Also by Formafantasma is the design of Twelve Constellations, architectural interludes that house the scheduled exhibitions.
Program, exhibitions and spaces
With the theme “The City of Lights,” there are several opportunities for cultural entertainment in the Euroluce pavilions:
– A solo exhibition by photographer Hélène Binet, which explores the relationship between natural light and architecture.
– An exhibition paying homage to the incandescent light bulb, between art and design, constructed as a sequence of light bulbs that are transformed into small experimental installations.
– “Artificial stars,” luminous fixtures that today’s “designer-astronomers” are investigating: luminous objects, orbiting spheres, reflective surfaces, dazzling eclipses, colored auroras set up by the From outer Space studio.
– A review of images of interior architecture where the protagonist is artificial light, real exhibition space and at the same time dedicated to workshops of exhibiting companies, professional meetings and technical and technological demonstrations.
– “Talk”, conversations and debates with Shigeru Ban, Nao Tamura, Kjetil Trædal Thorsen and Marius Myking of Snøhetta and Andrea D’Antrassi of MAD.
– A large site-specific installation by artist Maurizio Nannucci, a long neon light sign, “You can imagine the opposite.”
– A bookstore specializing in design, art and illustration, to which are also added literature books, which, in various declinations, explore the theme of light.
– A bistro and fine dining restaurant, designed by Piero Lissoni.